posted on: January 19, 2017
Just to keep it uniform, here are 10 things you need to know from the organizers:
1. The Women's March is still looking for donations. You can donate here.
2. Please register.
3. Wear comfortable clothes like sneakers, jeans, jackets, hats, etc.
4. Phone things. Bring a portable phone charger. Change your phone from a fingerprint lock to a password lock. Keep important phone numbers on your body with a sharpie on your forearm (in case you lose your phone).
5. Don't bring a book bag or large bag. Keep it light and simple.
6. Participate in the march my sharing pictures using the #WHYIMARCH hashtag
7. There will be a live stream of speakers and performances Saturday morning on their Facebook page. Stay updated so that you can be a part of it!
8. Stay hydrated and keep an eye on toilets. Go before you go.
9. The work of women does not end when the march ends. Prepare to continue the work.
10. Remain calm. This is a peaceful protest, and don't let anyone let you lose your cool and allow you to riot. As representative John Lewis said, get in "good trouble"
"Together with Chime for Change, we raise our voices as mothers, as artists, and as activists,” she declared. “As #GlobalCitizens, we can make our voices heard and turn awareness into meaningful action and positive change.” - Beyoncé in support of the march