While I love spending time with everyone, I am certain that this shift in our Christmas celebrations will get us one step closer to feeling refreshed and rested for the New Year.
Here are just a few things we plan on doing:
1. Pajamas most of the day. Peter and I are off to go buy matching pajamas (wish us luck!), this morning. We're excited to stay in them most of the day. We plan on opening them up on Christmas Eve before bath time and stories.
2. Serve bottomless blueberry pancakes and coffee after we open gifts.
3. Take an empty train ride to the city and take in all the magic and quiet it offers on Christmas day.
4. FaceTime with family and friends who we couldn't spend the day with.
5. Take a family nap. Or at least try. ;)
7. Long baths at bedtime, followed by oil massages.
8. After the kids go down, A Very Murray Christmas and our favorite ice cream in our designated couch spots.
Are you staying home this holiday? If so, what are your plans? Amanda asked readers, "When do you start transitioning Christmas to your own home as a family?" I loved all the answers in the comments!